Performance—Average Annual Total Returns
|Average Total Return (%)1||Expense Ratio3|
|as of 02/28/2017||
|Portfolio Name||1-Yr||3-Yr||5-Yr||10-Yr||Since Inception2||Inception Date||Gross||Net4|
|Blended Age Based 0-6 Years Portfolio||19.25||7.03||10.86||NA||4.75||07/23/2007||0.64||0.64|
|Blended Age Based 7-9 Years Portfolio||15.42||5.85||8.75||NA||4.00||07/23/2007||0.64||0.64|
|Blended Age Based 10-11 Years Portfolio||13.28||5.23||7.66||NA||3.22||07/23/2007||0.63||0.63|
|Blended Age Based 12-14 Years Portfolio||11.96||4.62||6.58||NA||2.91||07/23/2007||0.64||0.64|
|Blended Age Based 15-17 Years Portfolio||7.85||3.15||4.20||NA||1.57||07/23/2007||0.59||0.59|
|Blended Age Based 18 Years Portfolio||3.75||1.67||1.81||NA||0.72||07/23/2007||0.54||0.54|
|Blended Equity Portfolio||21.23||7.54||11.91||NA||5.61||07/23/2007||0.65||0.65|
|Blended Balanced Portfolio||12.16||4.72||6.68||NA||1.68||07/23/2007||0.65||0.65|
|Blended Fixed Income Portfolio||2.16||1.45||1.26||NA||-2.98||07/23/2007||0.65||0.65|
|Money Market Portfolio 5||0.20||0.10||0.06||NA||0.06||02/06/2012||0.31||0.31|
|Conservative Fixed Income Portfolio||0.99||0.46||NA||NA||0.37||11/12/2012||0.41||0.41|
|Index Age Based 0-6 Years Portfolio||21.46||7.43||11.09||NA||5.89||07/24/2007||0.17||0.17|
|Index Age Based 7-9 Years Portfolio||16.59||6.10||8.88||NA||5.37||07/24/2007||0.18||0.18|
|Index Age Based 10-11 Years Portfolio||14.17||5.45||7.79||NA||5.32||07/24/2007||0.18||0.18|
|Index Age Based 12-14 Years Portfolio||11.89||4.76||6.72||NA||5.15||07/24/2007||0.19||0.19|
|Index Age Based 15-17 Years Portfolio||7.25||3.36||4.47||NA||4.27||07/24/2007||0.20||0.20|
|Index Age Based 18 Years Portfolio||2.92||1.94||2.27||NA||3.65||07/25/2007||0.20||0.20|
|Index Equity Portfolio||23.98||7.97||12.10||NA||5.86||07/24/2007||0.17||0.17|
|Index Balanced Portfolio||11.88||4.72||6.70||NA||5.03||07/25/2007||0.19||0.19|
|Index Fixed Income Portfolio||0.96||1.48||1.32||NA||3.34||07/26/2007||0.20||0.20|
The performance data quoted represents past performance, which does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than the original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted.
1. Performance data for each portfolio is based on the total return of a hypothetical account, including reinvestment of dividends and distributions, net of the Bright Start College Savings Plan program and administration fees.
2. Since inception returns of less than 12 months are cumulative returns. Since inception of greater than 12 months are annualized returns based upon a true day count and a 365-day/year calculation.
3. Expense ratios for each of the portfolios include the underlying investment expenses and plan fees.
4. If applicable, the "Net Expense Ratio" for the Portfolios takes into account a voluntary expense limitation on the underlying investment without which performance would have been less. These undertakings may be modified or terminated at any time. Please see the Plan Description for more detailed information regarding any applicable expense limitations or waivers.
5. The Program Manager and the Office of the Treasurer have agreed to voluntarily waive the Program Management Fee and the State Administrative Fee, respectively (but, in neither case, not below zero) and/or reimburse expenses to the extent necessary to assist the Money Market Portfolio in attempting to maintain at least a 0.00% return. There is no guarantee that the Money Market Portfolio will maintain this return. This undertaking may be amended or withdrawn at any time.